Energy Management Corporation has a full-time position managing its Electrical Control Panel Manufacturing Business Unit.
- P&L responsibility for the Electrical Control Panel Manufacturing Business Unit.
- Responsible for driving year over year profit and revenue growth
- Responsible for the Value Stream Management of the Electrical Control Panel Business
- Direct leadership of the manufacturing and design teams
- Indirect cross-functional coordination with Branch Managers, Sales, Engineering, Inventory & Purchasing, and the Executive Management Team.
- Sales Leadership for the Electrical Control Panel Manufacturing Business Unit.
- Responsible for leading the on-going account growth opportunities with existing customers and markets
- Responsible for leading the business development of new Electrical Control Panel Manufacturing business customers and markets
- Hire, train, coach, develop and lead a team of administrative, quoting/sales support, technical design, project management and manufacturing staff to meet and exceed the business plan, profitability and revenue goals for the business unit.
- Develop and execute plans for continued growth of business unit, including expanding business with current customers and onboarding new customers in alignment with company strategic plans and growth initiatives
- Lead the business unit’s quoting and project management processes in coordination with the Inside Sales
- Lead a cross-functional team from Manufacturing, Test, Quality, Supply Chain, Customer Service and Sales to drive customer satisfaction as measured by customer retention and growth
- Manage on-going pricing levels to balance profitability and growth
- Manage customer satisfaction including quality and on-time delivery
- Manage safety to meet company standards and assure a safe manufacturing environment
- Guide Lean continuous improvement initiatives to optimize efficiency and quality
- Create and maintain the business unit’s strategic business plan
- Develop a go to market strategy targeting year over year growth
- Monitor competitors by gathering marketplace information on pricing levels, delivery schedules, service levels and service offerings
- Provide feedback to the Executive Team on current market and industry trends
- Develop a deep understanding of opportunities and markets served
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Minimum of 10 years in an Electrical Manufacturing / Business Development role or related experience
- An Engineering/Technical degree or strong technical work experience. PE is a plus
- Experience working for a supplier or distributor of Electrical OEM parts is a plus
- Experience leading and developing a sales team
- Track record of successfully meeting and exceeding business goals
- Prior experience managing a P&L is a plus
- Experience implementing Lean Process Improvements is a plus
- Strong knowledge of the Electrical Control and Automation industry
- Experience working with UL 508A and other related UL Standards is a plus
- Required Skills
- Excellent communication with ability to work collaboratively across functional areas within company’s various teams, departments, and divisions
- Strong account management and customer service skills
- Must have a positive, customer centric mindset
- Excellent computer skills including ERP systems, spreadsheets, written communication, documentation processes and analytic skills.
- Aggressive growth mindset
- Ability to initiate and build lasting partnerships with customers
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to process and understand business opportunities, trends and issues
- Willingness to put in extra time as required to assure customer satisfaction and business unit success.
- Proven safety record, physically fit and able to lift and/or move up to 30 lbs and operate machinery and equipment safely.
- Excellent driving record and ability to drive company vehicles as required.
- US citizenship (or able to meet government contract requirements)
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Energy Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.