- Intermediate to Advanced Computer Skills
The Office and Process Manager coordinates projects for our electric panel shop. It is a combination role involving sales, project management, and operations support activities depending on the needs of the business unit. The major function of this role is to ensure all panel shop projects are properly progressed from sales initiation through project execution.
This position coordinates with the operations leadership team requiring the necessary written and verbal communication skills required to support their objectives.
- Coordinate production projects from initial stage through completion and commissioning.
- Demonstrates highly visible commitment to creating a culture with a focus on safety and quality. Attends & participates in safety meetings and training.
- Identify and address concerns regarding potential liabilities and risk.
- Work with Warehouse Manager to facilitate implementation of inventory management processes.
- Periodic customer calls to clients for coordination and customer satisfaction.
- Work with Sales team to communicate value and market opportunities.
- Responsible for the timeliness of Work Order entry to minimize and improve the lead time from work completion to invoice.
- Coordinates quotation and production schedules.
- Assists with timely resolution of production delays or bottlenecks.
- Help identify & facilitate implementation of new systems and tools to stay market competitive.
- Periodically review processes and develop (or oversee) new and updated process as needed.
- Creating schedules of the customer requirements and then coordinating with Operations and Estimating to finalize planning.
- Participate in Traction EOS process with team to initiate goals and initiatives supporting corporate objectives.
- Coordinates needed employee training curriculum and implementation.
- Coordinates technical support to internal & external clients utilizing production resources.
- Able to clearly communicate with Customer and Project Engineering Team on solutions
- Identify and correct any issues with panel shop department leads
- Has basic knowledge of control panel design and assembly best practices.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Variable Frequency Drive business.
- Ensures on time delivery via shipping and local will call. Identify and correct freight damage issues.
- Other duties as assigned. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients as well as external team members (architects, contractors, client’s representatives, etc.). This position requires the skills to effectively supervise, train, mentor and evaluate several projects at various levels within the organization or team. Must have the ability to develop and cultivate business relationships with existing and prospective clients. Ability to lead individuals to deliver superior results in client service.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, within broad guidelines of procedures and goals.
- Basic knowledge of project coordination or production processes.
- Solid work ethic
- Must be dependable; trustworthy; and possess a positive and productive attitude.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule that includes extended hours