GP Electric/Energy Management Corporation (EMC) currently has an opening for an experienced (5+ years) Winder “A” to work at our Pomona, California service shop. We are a 40-year-old and growing industrial automation company that sells and services electrical motors, drives and generators.
Directly Reports To: Service Center Manager
Essential Duties: Rewinds special and standard AC and DC electro-mechanical equipment; helps oversee the quality of work completed within their area.
Summary: Performs preparation work and assists in rewinding various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment as directed by supervisor or Director. Cleans, properly runs basic tools, and is able to lift various objects/items.
Responsibilities: The following list contains key responsibilities; additional work may be assigned by your manager.
· Follows relevant work instructions and customer standards.
· Operates a variety of repair/testing equipment (e.g. winding machines, surge testers, core-loss tester, burnout/bake ovens, grinders, etc.).
· Gathers data, cleans/repairs damaged iron, and gets the insulation ready.
· Capable of rewinding A/C or DC machines including wound rotors and Armatures.
· Can perform basic winding redesigns without instruction.
· Cleans/repairs damaged iron, and gets the insulation ready.
· Strips and cuts wire, makes coils, operates the baking oven, and performs core testing.
· Assists with dismantling and/or stripping of damaged or unserviceable electro-mechanical equipment.
· Knowledgeable of the relevant work instructions and job cards.
· Accurately records time on jobs and documents and applies critical information.
· Operates Fork Trucks (certified); Quality System/Safety Policy trained.
· Observes all safety procedures and uses proper protective gear.
· Lifts, tightens, adjusts and/or secures heavy objects in order to perform work duties.
· Keeps work area neat and clean.
· Assures that all completed work meets Energy Management Corporations Quality System requirements.
· Capable of teaching less experienced personnel to become proficient winders.
Qualifications: High school diploma and two years of experience as an apprentice winder working under a class “B” winder. An additional five years of experience working under a class “A” winder is also recommended. Other key skills include:
· Ability to foster good employee/employer relations.
· Intermediate mechanical aptitude and hand-eye coordination.
· Understands motor components and has a basic understanding of electrical theory.
· Basic understanding of schematics.
· Can operate dial indicators, calipers, micrometers, and surge/megger testers.
· Ability to lift 50lbs and adequately carry out a range of physical labor.
Applicants must be able to fulfill the physical duties of the job, which include being able to stand or walk for extended periods of time. Applicants must be able to reach with hands and arms. Applicants must also be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
EMC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
The pay range for a Class A Winder is $30-40/hr, DOE.