Generator Field Service Technician – Denver, Colorado
Denver, CO, Ft. Collins, CO
Posted 1 month ago
The Generator Field Service Technician is responsible for troubleshooting,
repairing, performing preventive maintenance, and performing start-ups on
generator equipment including automatic transfer switches in our customer’s
Salary Range: $24 to $38 per hour DOEEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Service, repair, modify, diagnosis and rebuild standby power generators.
• Perform preventive maintenance on natural gas and/or diesel generators.
• Preform failure analysis, emergency field service for customers.
• Perform start-ups on new equipment.
• Process required paperwork in a timely manner.
• Responsible for communicating repairs needed to both the customer and service
• Operate, drive and maintain company service truck and parts inventory on
• Furnish current required tools.
• Willing to participate in the rotating responsibility of afterhours
• Must possess a valid driver license
• Willing to travel sometimes overnight or over a weekend
• Basic understanding of company provided computer, tablet, cell phone
• Good organizational skills
• Able to work well unsupervised
• Attention to detail
• Excellent customer relation skills
• Good mechanical/electrical aptitude
• Able to comprehend and trouble shoot from wiring schematics
• Knowledge on the basic workings of both diesel and gas engines
• Willingness to train in the company programs to enhance his or her generator
• Trade school education in stand by power systems and/ or relative experience.
• Experience working with power generator equipment for a minimum of one yearPreferred Qualifications
• EGSA and/or CDL certified
• Strong welding experience
Applicants must be able to fulfill the physical duties of the job, which
include being able to stand or walk for long periods of time, occasionally sit,
and use hands and fingers to handle or feel, use wrists and hands for using
tools, and looking down at the product being built. Applicants must be able to
reach with hands and arms. Applicants must also be able to regularly lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability
to adjust focus.
EMC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Qualified women and minorities encouraged to apply.