Energy Management Corporation (EMC) currently has an opening for Mechanic A in our Salt Lake City, Utah service shop.
Directly Reports To: Service Center Manager
Essential Duties: Repairs special and standard AC and DC electro-mechanical equipment.
Summary: Is sufficient in repairing numerous AC and DC electro-mechanical equipment and is able to work with a variety of testing tools.
Salary Range $23 to $30 per hour DOE
Responsibilities: The following list contains key responsibilities; additional work may be assigned by your manager.
- Follows relevant work instructions and customer standards.
- Operates specialized repair and testing equipment.
- Carries out dynamic balance of rotor and armature assemblies as well as replaces/repairs mechanical parts (e.g. brushes, gears, seals, etc.).
- Regularly diagnoses and troubleshoots mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Proficient in level 1+ vibration analysis.
- Procures special parts per material request form.
- Oversees that all completed work in their designated area meets EMC quality requirements.
- Operates Overhead cranes and Medium voltage test panel.
- Accurately records time on jobs and documents and applies critical information.
- Completes paperwork accurately and on a timely basis.
- Operate Fork Trucks (certified); Quality System/Safety Policy trained.
- Observes all safety procedures and uses proper protective gear.
- Lifts, tightens, adjusts and/or secures heavy objects in order to perform work duties.
- Keeps work area neat and clean.
- Provides assistance and on-the-job training for Technician Assistants and all Mechanics.
- Continually looks for ways to streamline and improve processes.
- Willing and able to drive motor vehicles to and from customer sites.
- Can project manage occasional field work including removal and installation of serviced equipment.
Qualifications: Preferred minimum level of education: High school diploma, plus two years of experience in repairing electro-mechanical equipment. Other key skills include:
- Ability to foster good employee/employer relations.
- Intermediate mechanical aptitude and hand-eye coordination.
- Understands motor components and has a basic grasp on electrical theory.
- Can operate dial indicators, calipers, micrometers, and surge/megger testers.
- Ability to lift 50lbs and adequately carry out a range of physical labor.
- Valid drivers license.
Applicants must be able to fulfill the physical duties of the job, which include being able to stand or walk for extended periods of time. Applicants must be able to reach with hands and arms. Applicants must also be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
EMC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply.