To be successful as a candidate the ideal candidate:
- Must be a Level II or higher
- Must have experience working in an industrial or manufacturing setting
- Must be driven to discover problems and communicate the ideal solutions to stakeholders
Energy Management Corporation (EMC) has an opening for a Vibration Analyst. We are a 42-year-old and growing industrial automation company that sells and services electrical motors, drives, and generators. We are looking for an innovative, extremely detail-oriented, self-motivated, honest and hardworking individual to join our team.
The Vibration Analyst will partner with personnel from our customer base to maintain and/or improve the reliability of rotating equipment and meet desired facility performance goals. The position requires analyzing and reporting the health of rotating process equipment to proactively identify component, equipment and system issues and recommend corrective actions. Utilization of predictive maintenance programs to include vibration analysis, thermography, PdMA analysis and equipment condition monitoring technologies are critical to the success of this role.
This position works closely with Operations Management, Site Maintenance Personnel, Reliability Specialists and Engineers to identify and resolve rotating equipment related issues.
Salary Range: DOE
- Perform vibration data collection, vibration data analysis, and timely reporting of machine condition findings.
- Perform routine and emergent data collection needs, to a diverse customer base.
- Evaluate machinery health, and condition of all types of rotating equipment, through detailed analysis of vibration data.
- Conduct failure analysis of rotating equipment to determine root causes of failure and help determine solutions to prevent reoccurrences.
- Perform troubleshooting of equipment and instrumentation related to data collection systems.
- Perform select field services such as changing sheaves and belts.
- Interface with existing key company stakeholders, to grow business including Automation Specialist, Hydraulic Specialist, Pneumatic Specialist, Field Service Technicians.
This position requires a combination of office work and field work. This position typically requires travel domestically. Accessibility during off-hours is required. The applicant must be physically able to work on and around elevated fixed and rotating equipment.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the maintenance of rotating equipment in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Category II certification in vibration analysis
- Knowledge of predictive maintenance methodologies and technologies.
- Must possess excellent verbal communication, team interaction and presentation skills.
- Strong computer and standard software experience (MS Office, E-Mail, CMMS, etc.)
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use, application and maintenance of vibration data acquisition software and the diagnostic equipment used to track the health of the site’s critical rotating machinery
- Proven ability to interpret and analyze vibration and data
- Knowledge of general rotating equipment fundamentals such as assembly fits and tolerances
- 5 years minimum experience in maintenance or facility operations in an industrial, manufacturing environment
- ISO Vibration Level II or higher
- Proficiency in conducting analysis using SPM or equivalent vibration toolsets
- Effective utilization of problem-solving methods
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and proven ability to learn and utilize social networking tools Perform supportive services such as laser alignment, dynamic balancing and oil analysis
- Willing and able to travel to sites to build relationships with key customer bases
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legally authorized to work in the United States
What Will Put You Ahead
- Maintenance or repair background (mechanical or E&I)
- Knowledge of and experience in applying mechanical maintenance fundamentals
- Knowledge of Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT)technologies
- Field balancing
- Laser shaft alignment
Applicants must be able to fulfill the physical duties of the job, which include being able to stand or walk for long periods of time, occasionally sit, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel, use wrists and hands for using tools, and looking down at the product being built. Applicants must be able to reach with hands and arms. Applicants must also be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
EMC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified women and minorities encouraged to apply.